Saturday 04 June 2016
What a lovely day we had for the Lochcarron Ladies Open. The sun gods smiled on us and there wasn’t a midgie in sight. We hope that all the ladies who took part had a great time.
The winners on the day were…
- Elna Lawrie from Gairloch (best score of the day),
- Kathleen MacKenzie from Royal Dornoch (best bronze),
- Karen Starr from Lochcarron (best silver and Isy Dua Trophy for best Lochcarron Lady),
- Maria Muirhead from Murrayfield (Longest drive),
- Ann MacKinnon from Isle of Skye (Nearest the pin in 2), and
- Jill MacKinnon from Isle of Skye won the 2’s competition.
I would like to thank the people who helped make the day a success.
- To Cathryn Field and the Tigh an Eilean Hotel for sponsoring the event.
- To all the men and women who put in extra hours preparing the course, especially Thomas, Dave and Roddy, and to our volunteer ball spotters.
- To Sharon for all her hard work in the kitchen.
- To Thomas for providing prizes for the longest drive and nearest the pin in 2 competitions.
- To The Lochcarron Hotel and The Bistro for their kind donations.
- To Joanna for taking charge of the music.
- To all of our lady club members who contributed or helped out on the day.
- And lastly, to all the ladies from other clubs who supported our Open.
See you all again next year!